Mechanical Pond FilterYou might think if a mechanical pond filter as a strainer you pump water through. That strainer might be some kind of mesh material, sand, polyester stuffing, and so forth that traps suspended particles of fish waste, uneaten food, and other debris. A good mechanical pond filter can also remove algae and smaller suspended debris giving you crystal-clear water
• What type of filtering media is used?
• How easy is it to access to filter media?
• Is there some way to back wash the filter media?
• Is there a sludge drain on the bottom of the filter?
Remember too that
• Bigger filters can go longer between cleanings.
• Bead filters can be more easily backwashed.
• Mechanical filters in the middle of the pond somewhere are usually very inefficient and a pain in the you know what to clean
All Rights Reserved 2004-2012